These stuffed mushrooms are everyone’s favorite! Perfect for your vegetarian friends and makes the perfect healthy appetizer.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for coating the mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- 4 – 6 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 pinch dried oregano crushed between your fingers
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Add 16 oz of liquid to drip tray and preheat your Kenyon Grill on high.
- Using a small spoon, gently scoop the gills out of the inside of the mushroom. With a small knife, remove the stalk.
- Rub each mushroom with a bit of olive oil and set them aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil then the onions. Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes, then add the zucchini and continue to cook as the zucchini begins to soften.
- Next add the red pepper and tomatoes. Cook for another few minutes. When the onions have become translucent and soft, add the garlic. Cook for one minute and add the spinach.
- Once the spinach wilts, remove the pan from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Stuff each mushroom with a quarter of the mixture.
- Top each mushroom with about 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill. Cover and let the mushrooms cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Serve while warm.