This yummy breakfast French toast can also be served as a quick and simple dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes (+ 10 minutes preheating time)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
4 oz brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
8 slices day-old egg bread (1/2-inch thick slices)
3 cups sliced strawberries
1/4 cup honey, divided
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Add 1 cup water to drip tray of Floridian Portable Grill fit with the Griddle. Preheat grill for 6 to 8 minutes on medium.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Spread cream cheese over 4 bread slices. Top each with 1/4 cup strawberries and drizzle with 1 tsp honey. Cap with remaining slices of bread.
- In batches, dip stuffed French toast in egg mixture for a few seconds or until evenly soaked but not soggy. Brush outer slices with melted butter.
- Place French toast on grill, cover and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until crisp and golden brown.
- Drizzle with remaining honey and dust with icing sugar. Serve with remaining strawberries.
Tip: Substitute maple syrup for honey if desired.