A twist on the traditional picnic potato salad. Grill the potatoes to give them more flavor before tossing with a bacon vinaigrette dressing.
- 3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes
- black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 7 scallions
- In a large saucepan add the potatoes and cover them with 2 inches of cold salted water.
- Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer until potatoes are easily pierced by a fork. (about 15 minutes). Drain and let cool.
- Cook chopped up bacon on stove top (keep the grease).
- Once the bacon is done cooking take pan off heat and mix in the vinegar, brown sugar, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 16 oz of liquid to drip tray and preheat Kenyon Grill to high.
- Toss potatoes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place them on grill cut-side down until lightly charred (about 3 minutes)
- Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, (5 minutes) then chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl mix in all ingredients, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.