A golden crust compliments a creamy center in this heavenly grilled Italian-style dessert.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 slices prepared polenta (1/2-inch thick slices)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
1/3 cup maple syrup, divided
2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup 35% whipping cream
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
Mint leaves, for garnish
- Add 16 oz liquid to drip tray and preheat Kenyon Revolution Grill® to high.
- Brush polenta slices with olive oil; grill, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and grill-marked.
- Toss together strawberries, 1/4 cup maple syrup and lemon juice. Place in small foil tray. Place on grill; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until strawberries are slightly softened.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peaks; fold in mascarpone.
- Top slices of polenta with grilled strawberries and mascarpone cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup. Sprinkle with pistachios and garnish with mint.
Balsamic Black Pepper Strawberries: Replace lemon juice with balsamic vinegar and add a pinch of black pepper.
Look for prepared polenta in the Italian food aisle of your grocery store.