Grilled Polenta Squares with Shrimp
Grilled polenta makes wonderful crostini to serve as appetizers. Paired with grilled shrimp, it’s a heavenly combination for your taste buds!
40m (+ 4h marinating time)
reduced-sodium chicken broth:
1 1/2 cups
frozen corn kernels, cooked:
finely chopped fresh parsley:
red chili flakes:
peeled deveined shrimp, tail removed (16 to 20 count):
finely chopped fresh thyme:
each salt and pepper:
unsalted butter, melted:
finely chopped fresh chives:
- Polenta: In saucepan, bring broth and milk to boil. Add cornmeal slowly, whisking constantly to help avoid lumps. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook polenta, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and thickened enough to mound on a spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan, corn, parsley, and chili flakes.
- Scrape polenta into well-greased 8-inch baking pan; smooth top. Let cool completely. Remove from pan; cut into twelve 2-inch squares, reserving remaining polenta for another use. Brush polenta squares with oil.
- Grilled Shrimp: Meanwhile, toss together shrimp, oil, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup water to drip tray of Frontier Portable Grill. Preheat grill for 5 to 9 minutes on medium high. Place polenta squares on grill; cover and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until well marked. Reduce heat to medium. Place shrimp on grill; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- To serve, place 1 grilled shrimp on each grilled polenta square. Mix melted butter with chives and drizzle over each square.
- tip: Make polenta 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- tip: Leftover polenta can be pan-fried on the griddle with eggs for an easy breakfast or used as crostini with a slice of prosciutto as a snack.