Use prepared crescent dough in a new way to enclose a tasty cheesecake filling accented with matcha powder.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp icing sugar
3/4 tsp matcha powder, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury Crescents)
2 oz white chocolate, melted
- Add 16 oz liquid to drip tray and preheat Kenyon City Grill® to medium.
- Beat together cream cheese, honey, icing sugar and 1/2 tsp matcha powder.
- Whisk egg with 1 tbsp water, set aside. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Spoon or pipe cream cheese mixture onto center of 4 triangles. Brush edges with egg wash; top with remaining triangles and seal edges using fork.
- Place pockets on grill. Grill, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes until pastry is cooked through, flaky and lightly grill-marked.
- Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake pockets. Sprinkle with remaining matcha powder.
Tip: Replace matcha with 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder for an espresso cheesecake version.