With zesty warm garlic herb butter for dipping, these grilled lobster tails make the perfect celebration dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
4 lobster tails
3/4 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
4 ears corn, silk and husks removed
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp lemon zest
Pinch red pepper flakes
4 lobster rolls, split
- Pat lobster tails dry with paper towel. One at a time, butterfly lobster tails using sharp kitchen scissors. Starting at the open end of the tail, cut a lengthwise slit through the center of the shell, stopping just before the tail fins. Carefully spread shell open at the slit to reveal meat, slightly pulling meat out.
- Add 1 cup water to drip tray on Kenyon Grill; preheat grill to high heat. Season butterflied lobster tails with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Place lobsters cut side down on preheated grill. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until shells are bright red and meat is opaque and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, grill corn for 12 to 15 minutes or until well marked and tender.
- Stir together melted butter, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon zest, remaining salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Brush lobster tails with half of the garlic herb butter.
- Serve lobster tails with grilled corn, lobster roll buns and remaining warm garlic herb butter for dipping.
Tip: For easy preparation, ask your fishmonger to butterfly the lobster tails for you.