Grilling fruit intensifies their flavor, making it the perfect dipper for a dark chocolate fondue.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 peach, sliced
1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 pineapple rounds, about 1/2-inch thick
4 small wedges cantaloupe, about 1/2-inch thick
6 oz finely chopped dark chocolate
3/4 cup 35% heavy cream
1/4 cup hot brewed coffee
Pinch ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
2 tbsp honey
- Preheat Frontier Portable Grill for 10 minutes on medium high. Brush grill with oil. Cook peach, mango, strawberries, pineapple, bananas and cantaloupe, turning, for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and tender. Cut bananas and pineapple into 2-inch pieces. Arrange on serving platter.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in heatsafe bowl. Heat cream until just simmering. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate melts. Stir in coffee, cinnamon and salt.
- Serve warm chocolate with fruit for dipping. Drizzle honey over fruit.
- If desired, grill pound cake with fruit too.
- Substitute your favorite liqueur for coffee if desired.