- Cranberry Compote: In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until cranberries start popping and mixture has thickened. Let cool completely. (Can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
- Pancakes: Place the griddle attachment on your Kenyon Grill and preheat to medium. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Add eggnog, oil and eggs. Stir until no dry streaks remain and batter is still slightly lumpy.
- Pour 1/4-cup portions of batter onto griddle, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Cook, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and tiny bubbles form around edges. Flip over; cook for about 2 minutes or until set and cooked through. Transfer pancakes to warm oven until ready to serve.
- Whipped Cream: Using electric mixer, beat together cream, icing sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Serve pancakes with whipped cream and compote.
- tip: To make this an adult breakfast, add a splash of dark rum to the whipped cream or substitute rum-infused maple syrup for the compote.