Beer Can Appreciation Day!
January 24th is National “Beer Can Appreciation Day!” To help celebrate this quirky holiday, try out this fun recipe!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 – 1.5 Hours
Rest Time: 10 Minutes
Beer Can Chicken:
2 Tbsp – Smoked Paprika
2 Tbsp – Salt
2 Tbsp – Onion Powder
1 Tbsp – Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp – Ground Cumin
2 Tsp – Dried Thyme
2 Tsp – Dried Oregano
2 Tsp – Black Pepper
2 Tsp – Garlic Powder
For the Chicken:
4 Pound Whole Chicken
Beer Can Rub
1 – 12 Oz Beer Can (pour out 1/4 of beer before using)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together to rub on chicken.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- Rub the chicken and cavity with vegetable oil to give a base for the rub to stick to.
- Apply the seasoning rub to chicken, remembering to rub the cavity as well.
- Place chicken on top of beer can (after removing 1/4 of beer from the can)
- Place chicken and can in the center of hot grill and close lid.
- Cook for 1 – 1.5 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165º F.
- Once cooking is finished, remove from grill and separate chicken from can. (Use caution as the can will be hot from grilling).
- Cover chicken with tin foil and let stand for 10 minutes to allow meat to settle before carving.
Give us your feedback in the comment section below!
Recipe and photo courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com