Korean BBQ is all about community and gathering your friends and family around the table and cooking together. Korean barbecue requires a table top grill that you and your dinner guests can gather around and grill as you go, making Kenyon Grills perfect for this experience!
Sides (Banchan) 🍚
Here are some sides you can find at the store and serve along with your KBBQ (no grilling required). They’re meant to be sampled throughout the meal, serve them in little bowls and place around the table.
- Kimchi: spicy fermented napa cabbage
- Bean sprouts: dressed with a light savory sauce and sesame oil
- Spicy marinated cucumbers: a refreshing bite with a spicy kick
- Seaweed salad: tangy, crisp seaweed to munch on and cleanse your palate
- White Rice
The Grilling 🍢
Mix and match whatever kind of meat and vegetables you want to try out grilling! Ask the butcher at your local grocery store about the different cuts of meat.
- Beef Brisket: thinly sliced & non-marinated
- Samgyupsal (Pork Belly): plain or marinated (spicy, garlic, miso, red wine, etc.)
- Bulgogi: thinly sliced beef in a sweet soy marinade.
- Spicy Pork: thinly sliced pork in a red pepper sauce
- Kalbi: slightly sweet marinated beef short ribs
- Chicken: chicken thighs in a spicy or garlic marinade
- Thick Cut White Onions
- King Trumpet Mushrooms
- Rounds of Raw Jalapeños
- Enoki Mushrooms
While you are on this international cuisine journey you might as well stick with some traditional alcohol as well! The most common beverage to sip along with your meal is Soju (rice wine).