These hearty chili cheese dogs are a satisfying crowd-pleaser and perfect for any game day!
split top buns
2 tbsp canola oil
1 lb lean ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 onion, diced
1 small carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bottle (24 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (19 oz) mixed beans, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup beef broth
2 bay leaves
1 cup grated aged Cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
- Heat oil in large saucepan or high-sided skillet set on your Kenyon Cooktop over medium heat. Cook beef, chili powder, salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until beef starts to brown. Add onion, carrot, red pepper, jalapeño and garlic; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beans, barbecue sauce, broth and bay leaves; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 60 to 70 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened. Remove bay leaves.
- Add 16 oz liquid to drip tray and preheat Kenyon Grill to high.
- Grill Hot Dogs.
- Optional-Toast buns on grill.
- Place hot dogs in buns, spoon chili onto hot dog to your liking, top with cheese.